"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. "
-Albert Einstein

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Three days till Graduation...so, the end in sight!

My graduation is nearing ever so close...three days to be exact.  This moment is surreal actually...I'm a bundle of emotions.  I'm super excited to be finished, somewhat sad to leave my dear friends, and nervous about actually starting my new career.  The last year has been quite a journey....

This time last year, I had just moved 1200 miles across the country from Leesburg Virginia back to my hometown of Potosi Missouri.  I was living in Virginia working as a manager for a grocery store...overworked and overstressed.  I was ready for change...I was just going through the motions in my life and wanting something new, something I could be passionate about.  I kept going back to something I had always dreamt about doing and loved...cosmetology.  After toiling over it for weeks/months, I finally decided to make the change.  I knew a change this drastic would require some relocating on my part.  A move this big meant some big time family support. 

So, here we are...a year later, new state, new city and now...new career.  I'm so glad that I finally made the change to pursue my true passion for art and cosmetology.  I've never been this happy in my career...EVER!  I'm so thankful for my family who have been amazing during this year of transition.  If I hadn't had them, I don't think I could have ever made this change.  I think of how things would be if I hadn't moved...I'd be miserable in Virginia. 

I'm so excited to see what the next chapter in my life holds.  I'm thrilled about making it in the semi finals of the Spread the Love and I'm anxiously awaiting to hear whether I move on or not.  I am thrilled at my career that lies ahead of me and can't wait to start in the salon!!  The sky's the limit on where I can go in this industry!!  Now...its full speed ahead!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment