"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. "
-Albert Einstein

Friday, November 12, 2010

Inspiration Comes from Many Places

Where Do I Look for Inspiration??  There are many places I draw inspiration from.  Most of the places I am inspired by most are within nature.  A brightly colored fall leaf, a sunset, a dusk evening when the sky is going from blue to gray to dark blue, the tree tops on a windy day and even the cool look of icicles hanging from a roof or ledge.  I think nature is our biggest source of inspiration whether we are dealing with cosmetology or any other art form.  I draw from nature not only when dealing with hair color but also hair cuts and styles.  Once I get a vision of how I want something to look, I then communicate this vision to my client to help her better understand my inspiration behind her look.  Like in any art, when lacking inspiration for a project, go outside, see what is happening in nature.  By doing this, one won't be hard pressed for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment