"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. "
-Albert Einstein

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Let Us Be Bold...

So Monday I made an abrupt change in my hair style.  I am now the proud owner of a mo hawk.  I had my husband do the cutting for me and he did great!!  The interesting thing now is that the comments I am receiving all center around this idea that I'm a brave soul for making such a drastic change.  Or...you are one of the few people who can really wear that hairstyle.... I began to wonder about what it means to be 'bold'.

The day after cutting my 'bold' haircut, I received the neatest text message from a friend.  The e-card said, "Be BOLD, Italic, but never Regular."  She stated that she loved me and our friendship because I helped her to be 'bold'.

Now...I'm really curious about boldness and what it truly means to be bold.  Is it an attitude?  Is it an actual personality trait?  Is it something that can be taught??  Let's see what Wikipedia says..  Wikipedia defines boldness as the opposite of being shy, courage.

All I do know for sure is that I am to the point in my life that I feel it is unnecessary to worry what others think of my hair or my outfit or whatever.  I've discovered that 9 times out of 10 the ones we worry that are judging or critiquing us are just as worried that WE are doing the same to them.  I see so many women caught up in what others think, what others define as happy, what others say is 'right', and most importantly, what others say is beautiful.  As women we have to be bold and courageous!!  We have to know that we are beautiful as we are and that if we want to wear funky, crazy clothes.... great!!  We have got to become comfortable in our own skin so that we can walk tall and be proud of who we are!!!

Be your own kind of bold....whatever that means to you.  Perhaps this means trying a new vibrant red lipstick, or maybe a bold colored shoe...whatever it means to you, do it!!!! Life is full of mundane, regulars....lets be the BOLD and Italics of the world!!  Life is far too short to look back and wonder 'what if??'  My own personal BOLD is a mo hawk hair style....at least for now.  Next month it may be a completely shaved head...who knows?  The point is, don't listen to that old adage of 'staying inside the lines'.  Perhaps we try coloring outside the lines every once and a while, just to keep things fresh and interesting.  Be daring....be adventurous....be Italic...but most of all...be BOLD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment